Monday, December 1, 2008

Russian Submarine Escape Suit


Just to finish off this section on Submarine Escape suits I have to mention the Russian version. I had the pleasure of trying this one early this spring when two good friends visited and its incredible.

Very similar in most respects to the Chinese suit (Which I understand was actually modeled after this one) the biggest difference is the incorporation of an oral nasal mask instead of a mouthpiece and the different eye configuration. This makes the suit even more comfortable to wear for an extended period (Which I ended up doing - not that I could get out of it after being tied up anyway).

I'd really love to add one of these to my collection but, so far, the timing of availability and available cash have not matched up.

No comments: