Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poseidon Unisuit and Cressisub Mask

Another of my favorites I picked up this Poseidon Unisuit from a surplus store on vancouver island. From the tags on it was old stock and had never been used. It was being disposed of as the military no longer used the Unisuits. When I saw the $200 price tag I had to have it. While the through crotch zipper and attached hood with inner neck seal does make the suit a bit difficult to get into it also makes for a very comfortable suit (and is convenient for ahemmm.......other uses too)

The mask pictured with the suit is a Cressisub full face mask which can be attached to any SCUBA regulator I have it attached to my US Divers Conshelf SEA regs in the pictures. This is an older model, made of rubber. Newer versions of the mask are made of silicone which is considerably more flexible. While I dont find the mask overly comfortable it is still a good mask and a very good buy for the price (usually just over $100 ). A definite must for ice diving (or just play) for those on a budget.




No comments: