Monday, February 2, 2009

Viking Pro and KMB 9

Ok - so I'm way behind in doing postings - sorry but life intruded.

I think from here I'll start with some of my diving gear so first up is My Viking Pro suit with the turbo hood. This suit dates to the early 1990's and is one of my favorites for diving . Very comfortable the outside is heavy rubber which makes for easy cleaning. You can wear it in any temperature water as the insulation value depends entirely on what you wear under the suit, not the suit itself. The turbo hood is a double layer hood which gives you a latex hood next to your head (Always a good thing if you like rubber ) and an outer hood of the same material as the suit. This allows for a layer of air insulation between them and is very comfortable. The Mitts shown are Viking 3 fingered mitts which mate to the rings, which I have attached to the suit, giving you a water tight seal. While they are warm and fairly comfortable just for general diving I do find them pretty clumsy for doing any work.


The mask shown in the picture above and here is a US Divers Kirby Morgan Band Mask (KMB9) I believe they were produced from 1973 to 1975.




As you can see from the picture this one is not in the best of shape. In point of fact it not actually usable but does make a nice display piece. Not that it really matters alot to me as the Kirby Morgan Band Masks dont tend to fit the shape of my face very well and I find them rather uncomfortable but that is just personal preference.

To my knowledge the KMB9 was the second bandmask put out by Kirby Morgan/ US Divers with the first being the KMB8 (Though I may be wrong)


























No comments: