Monday, March 2, 2009

Beauchat Wet Suit and USD Com Mask 1





My Beauchat extreme cold wet suit, it features skin in seals on the hood, wrists and legs as well as the entire upper body of the farmer john. The jacket has the hood attached to it, reinforced padding on the shoulders, heavy duty beaver tail connections (also reinforced) and a side zipper to limit water transfer. The farmer john has reinforced knee pads and a built in pocket. I bought this suit in 1995 and have never used it. Up untill I took the picture I had forgotten how much of a pain it was to try to get into a wet suit (as versus a dry suit). Now I'm seriously considering selling it as I very much doubt that I'll ever use it for diving and its way too much trouble to put on (not to mention exhausting and too hot) for play. I paid well over $600 for it - any offers? ;)



The mask in the pictures is a U S Divers Com Mask 1. I havnt found much information about this mask other than the fact that it was the free flow version of the KMB masks. I believe it was made in the mid 1970s.




No comments: